Most Popular Links
- Art and Crafts Hazards List
- Cal/Ecotox Database
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Hot Spots
- Press Releases
- Proposition 65 List of Chemicals
- Public Health Goals
- Public Records Act Requests
- Soil Screening Values
- Toxicity Criteria Database
External Peer Review of the Draft Public Health Goal for Perchlorate
The Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment is posting the comments of three external peer reviewers of the draft public health goal for perchlorate that was released for public comment in January 2011.
During the public comment period, the Perchlorate Study Group and the Partnership for Sound Science in Environmental Policy jointly requested an external scientific peer review of the draft PHG document. The peer review was conducted pursuant to Health and Safety Code Section 116365(c)(3)(D). OEHHA will revise the draft PHG document as appropriate in response to the peer review and public comments, and release the revised draft for a 30-day public comment period. A final response to all comments received, including peer review comments, will be published at a later date when the PHG is finalized.
- Review by Stephen H. LaFranchi, M.D., Oregon Health & Science University
- Review by Andrea B. Kirk, Ph.D., Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of North Texas Health Sciences Center
- Review by David Q. Rich, ScD, Assistant Professor, Department of Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
If you would like to receive further information on this announcement or have questions, please contact our office at (510) 622-3170 or the address below.
Hermelinda Jimenez (Hermelinda.Jimenez@oehha.ca.gov)
Pesticide and Environmental Toxicology Branch
Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment
California Environmental Protection Agency
1515 Clay St., 16th floor
Oakland, California 94612