Most Popular Links
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Hot Spots
- Press Releases
- Proposition 65 List of Chemicals
- Public Health Goals
- Public Records Act Requests
- Soil Screening Values
- Toxicity Criteria Database
- Guidelines for Physicians - Medical Supervision (cholinesterase monitoring) of Agricultural Pesticide Applicators
- Pesticide Illness Surveillance / Pesticide Illness Reporting
- Reports/Risk Assessments
- On-Line Training Modules:
- Urban Pest Eradication
Health and Safety Code 59004 grants OEHHA the authority to conduct independent reviews of pesticide toxicity data and assesses the health impacts of pesticide use . This general authority is applied in two broad areas: conducting peer reviews of risk assessments prepared by the DPR (Food and Agricultural Code 13121-13135 ; and collaborating with DPR in the preparation of risk assessments of pesticides found in ambient air and the preparation of findings on the health effects of pesticide toxic air contaminants (Food and Agricultural Code 14022-14023).
Birth Defect Prevention Act (SB 950; Food and Agricultural Code 13121-13135)
OEHHA provides peer review of risk assessments for pesticides (RCDs) registered under the Birth Defect Prevention Act. OEHHA must also be consulted if mandatory health effects studies are missing or are of questionable quality. OEHHA must concur before DPR grants time extensions or waives mandatory data requirements for any active ingredient. Any changes in the regulations to modify the health effects studies must be developed in conjunction with OEHHA.
Toxic Air Contaminants (Food and Agricultural Code14022-14023):
OEHHA provides consultation and review in DPR's preparation of reports (risk assessments) on potential toxic air contaminants (TACs). OEHHA also is mandated to prepare findings that are included as a part of the final report. OEHHA's findings are also used by the Scientific Review Panel (SRP) in developing their findings. OEHHA staff routinely provides information to the SRP regarding the health effects of potential TACs under this statute.
- Methyl bromide documents
- OEHHA's Comments on RCDs, TACs and TAC Findings
- Information regarding Scientific Review Panel (Air Resources Board website)
Risk Assessment Prioritization:
- OEHHA also participates in DPR's Risk Assessment Prioritization Process.
Pesticide Registration and Evaluation Committee (PREC):
- OEHHA is a member of DPR's PREC, a committee constituted to fulfill an interagency consultation role mandated under Food and Agricultural Code 14103 and charged to provide advice and guidance to DPR on regulatory development and reform initiatives, evolving public policy and program implementation issues, and on science issues associated with evaluating and reducing risks form the use of pesticides.