Announcement of August and September 2012 Cumulative Impacts Regional Workshops
The Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) on behalf of the California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA) will conduct a series of regional public workshops and an academic workshop during August and September 2012 to solicit input on its draft cumulative impacts screening tool. Input to be solicited includes indicators used, data source selected, and how results of the screening tool should be used by Cal/EPA and its Boards, Departments, and Office (BDOs). The information presented at each of the regional workshops will be the same except for the academic workshop, scheduled for September 7, 2012, which will present more of the technical aspects of the draft screening tool.
Regional workshops are scheduled to be held in different geographic locations including Los Angeles, San Bernardino, San Diego, Fresno, Oakland, and Seaside.
8/20/2012 Update: An agenda for each meeting is available here.
The regional workshop schedule in southern California is as follows:
- August 21: Los Angeles Regional Workshop - Bannings Landing Commnity Center, 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm, Multipurpose Room, 100 East Water Street, Wilmington (Los Angeles), CA, 90744
- August 22: San Bernardino Regional Workshop - Ruben Campos Community Center, 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm, Multipurpose Room, 1717 West Fifth Street, San Bernardino, CA, 92411
- August 23: San Diego Regional Workshop - Perkins Elementary School, 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm, Auditorium, 1770 Main Street, San Diego, CA, 92113
- September 5: Fresno Regional Workshop – Cecil C. Hinton Community Center, 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm, Multipurpose Room, 2385 S. Fairview Avenue, Fresno, CA, 93706
- September 6: Oakland Regional Workshop – Ira Jinkins Recreation Center, 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm, Multipurpose Room, 9175 Edes Avenue, Oakland, CA, 94603
- September 7: Seaside Regional Workshop – Oldemeyer Multi-use Center, 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm, Seaside Room, 986 Hilby Avenue, Seaside, CA, 93955
- September 7: Oakland Academic Workshop – Elihu M. Harris Building, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, Elihu Harris State Building (Room to be determined), 1515 Clay Street, Oakland, CA, 94612
After considering all the comments and suggestions received, CalEPA and OEHHA will further develop and refine the tool and then work with the Cumulative Impacts and Precautionary Approaches (CIPA) Workgroup and CalEPA BDOs to develop a final report.
For any other questions, comments, or concerns regarding these workshops or this e-mail, please contact John Faust, at (510) 622-3185 or via e-mail at email@example.com